Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Josh and Caleb Chapter 6: Judgment Episode 02

Previous Episode
Next Episode

Director's Commentary: As art, I love these pages. The layout looks good to me, and I'm very happy with the colour job. This is grim stuff, though. I based the way these guys die on something involving the original Hebrew in this passage - basically, the smiting here was of the worst kind, and I wanted that reflected. The Hebrew here is  מַגֵּפָה (maggephah), which means either slaughter or plague. I was clearly in a much darker mental space, as I now find it rather disturbing. I must have at the time as well, or Josh wouldn't have been questioning it. Here's the original warning that acted as a link to the page where Igal and crew have their guts being turned inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment