Friday, May 13, 2011

Josh and Caleb Chapter 5: Azra'il, Episode 07

Previous Episode
Next Episode
Director's Commentary: Sorry about the lack of update yesterday - Blogger's dashboard was down, so I couldn't update.
And here we come to the doubling of episodes. There are two of the original episodes on this page. At this point in the series, I made the decision to change the orientation of the strips to reflect the design of the original Gotthammer site. This ensured people didn't have to scroll to see the episode art. Sadly, it doesn't work so well for Blogger, but c'est la vie. You can just click on the images to see the art in all its full-sized glory, or lack thereof.
I was reading On the Kabbalah and its Symbolism by Gershom Scholem when I was writing these strips, which is why I chose the Shekinah as the manifestation of YHWH in these episodes. Moses' speech is a paraphrase of a section of Scholem's book.
While I'm not thrilled that Moses is changing his look yet again (different eyes from last page), I like everything else about these strips. I really like the second episode as Igal picks up Josh's sword, with ill intent in his eyes. Very happy with the reflection of the flames in the sword.
The lines spoken by the Shekinah are from Eugene Peterson's dynamic translation of the Bible, The Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment